Preparation time: 20 minutes
+ shells cleaning time
Cooking time: 20 minutes
● 1 large garlic glove
● Extra-virgin olive oil (4 spoons)
● Spaghetti 250 gr.
● Salt for pasta water
● 1/2 kg claims (more is better than less)
● Half glass of white wine
● q.s. chopped parsley
● q.s. pepper
● salt for cleaning the clams
How to make it
1.Place all the clams in a bowl with tap water.
2. Rinse it and discard any clams that have cracked shells.
3. Put a spoon of salt in the bowl with the clams and the tap water (or use the water of the sea, if you are aboard). Repeat at least one time, sit for 2/3 hours.
4. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until two minutes less than the recommended time.
5. Meanwhile in a large deep skillet, heat the olive oil with the garlic, after a couple of minutes toss in the clams, well drained. Cook, in medium-high heat, shaking the pot occasionally. If you do not like the garlic, keep it out now.
6. Add the wine, less than a glass: you will drink the rest of the bottle, chilled, with the spaghetti afterwards.
7.When all the clams are open (it takes from 5 to 10 minutes), cover and take the pan off the heat.
You will end the cookig adding the pasta drained. Stir in parsley (if you don’t have the fresh, you can use the frozen one), add some cooking water to loosen the sauce if spaghetti have already absorbed all the juices, crush the pepper and it’s ready!
9. Serve right away
Last but not least
As you know (Tips&Tricks Pasta) I love Spaghetti; I have always them in house and in my galley. When I find the clams, on the harbor from the fishermen, I make this recipe!
It’s supersimple, but take care to clean very well the shells before adding them in the skillet. Scrubbing if necessary. If they are very dirty, separate the mollusc from the shells, or you are going to eat the sand!